It’s Cinco De Mayo, and almost nobody knows why we celebrate it (after all, it’s not that big a deal in Mexico). However, in America, it’s an excuse to get loaded. And this year it’s on a Friday…and that’s in no way a bad thing. While most will be celebrating with beer, tequila shots, and margaritas, some might be pining for drinks that are a bit more interesting. Here are five cocktails to give a dance to tonight that might expand your horizons a bit.
- Misty’s Sleeve – Take 1 ½ ounces of Hibiscus-infused Pueblo Viejo Tequila, ¾ ounce of Domaine De Canton Ginger Liqueur, ½ ounce of Grand Marnier, and some lime and orange juice, and shake them up along with 3 drops of Green Habanero Sauce. Pour it into a salt-rimmed glass.
- Ian Malcolm – Take 1 ¼ ounces of Lunazul Tequila, ¾ ounce of Domaine De Canton Ginger, ½ ounce of lime juice, and ¼ ounce Butterfly Pea Flower Tea. Combine all of them, and then top it off with the tea.
- El Alteno – 1 ounce of Cimarron Reposado and El Silencio Mezcal, ¾ ounces of PAMA Liqeur and lemon juice, ½ ounce of honey syrup, ¼ ounce of Ancho Reyes chile liquor. Get ‘em all into a mixing tin, and shake ‘em up. Add a pinch of salt, and garnish with an orange.
- La Ciudad – 1 ¾ ounces of Blanco Tequila, 1 ¾ ounces of Domaine De Canton Ginger, 1 ¾ ounces of yellow chartreuse, squeeze of lime. Combine it all into a Collins glass filled with ice, stir, and garnish with a lime twist.
- Scorched Earth – 1 ½ ounces of Del Maguey Arroqueno Mexcal, ¾ ounce of Domaine De Canton Ginger, ¼ ounce beet juice, 2 drops of El Yucateco Hot Sauce. Stir them all together in an Old Fashioned glass over ice. Bam!
If these are too elaborate, that’s fine. It’s nothing that a good ol’ shot of tequila won’t handle for you.
Source: Men’s Fitness