MLB and the players union finally reached a deal on a new CBA on Thursday, ending the 99-day lockout. Here's a rundown of what's included in the new deal:
- The postseason will be expanded to 12 teams.
- A minimum salary increase for players with less than three years' experience.
- The National League will adopt the designated hitter
- Player uniforms will include advertising on jersey patches and helmet decals.
- A draft lottery will be created, to discourage teams from tanking.
- Doubleheaders will return to nine innings for each game, and MLB will drop the rule that puts a runner on second in extra innings.
How do you feel about these rule changes? What about advertising on uniforms?